When selecting Republican Women Winning Webs of the Week to be highlighted in the NFRW Capital Connection, the committee will be looking for the following:
There are six basic rules of Web design for Republican Women Clubs and Federations.
- Easy to read
- Easy to navigate
- Easy to access
- Consistent in layout and design
- Quick to load.
- Updated frequently -- at least twice a month and preferably weekly
Additional Guideline Suggestions:
- Include a site map to help visitors find items
- Must have eye appeal with appropriate use of color and design.
- Most important: CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT - interesting news items which are changed FREQUENTLY.
- Domain name which is appropriate, easy to remember and as short as possible. i.e. NFRW.org, RNC.org.
- Pages should include Welcome (home page), About Page which describes the organization and its purpose, Events Page, Resources/Links, News Page, Photo Gallery, Contact Page, Join Page with membership form (on club sites only) Site Map Page. Other pages which the Club/Federation feel important. New clubs may not find it necessary have this many pages in the beginning.
- Easy to navigate with internal page links across top, sides and/or bottom.
- All links -- internal or external --must be operational.
- Links to important Republican sites at the county, state and national levels.
- Each web page should load quickly.
- Have contact forms or links to e-mail available for site visitors.
- On Contact page list names of officers with contact information.
- Include current news items which will be of interest to Republican Women.
- Use of Dynamic HTML or Flash not required but it can add zip to the site. Use sparingly since it can be a distraction to visitors if used excessively.
- Links to Club and Federation Newsletters and E-Newsletters should be available on the federation or club site.
- Social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter are encouraged in addition to the official club and federation websites.
When selecting Winning Webs of the Week to be highlighted in the NFRW Capital Connection, the committee requests that you complete the following questionnaire and e-mail to the committee. When submitting an application for a club website, the club president must send a statement verifying that this is the official website for the club.
Click here for application. Please answer all questions when applying for Winning Webs recognition. Since there are many excellent websites, it may take a number of weeks to highlight all who respond.
Website of the NFRW Website Assistance Committee 2008
authorized by NFRW
Official NFRW Website: www.nfrw.org
NFRW Winning Webs banner by Heidi Roedel of Montana, NFRW Website Assistance Committee 2009
Website by Bettye Chambers, Website Assistance Committee Chairman 2008 - presemt